- 2 cups ground turkey
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans
- 1 (15oz) can of red kidney beans
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas
- 1 (28oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 small onions
- 3/4 medium green bell pepper
- 3/4 medium red bell pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Brown turkey to lightly seared. While turkey is cooking, mince garlic and cut onions and bell peppers small. Put ingredients in slow cooker, including all liquids in the cans. Stir. Put slow cooker container in fridge. In the morning, set slow cooker (with a slider) to medium-low, put on timer for ~3 hours before you return from work. Be an hour late.
Half the chili is dry (not unpleasantly so, just no sauce in it) but with a rich (mild) taste. The other half is thoroughly burnt and stuck to the bottom of the slow cooker (YAY nonstick surfaces!) What's there is wonderful on rice with a little added paprika, but about half of it is wasted.
- Turn slow cooker down to low
- Add a cup of water (or broth, but it's got a rich taste, don't know if that's needed)
- Increase chili powder to 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Increase garlic to 7-8 cloves
- Don't be an hour late.